Exercise Caution When Using Sparklers

One of the most ubiquitous fireworks is also one of the most dangerous, according to USA Today. Accounting for up to one-quarter of the 12,000 fireworks-related emergency room visits every year, sparklers burn at 2,000 degrees — hot enough to melt some metals or set clothing on fire. Take extreme caution when giving them to children — especially kids under 10. Keep a bucket of water nearby to cool the spent sticks, which can remain hot enough to cause second-degree burns long after you stop spelling your name in light. Also consider safer alternatives such as glow sticks or bamboo sparklers, which cool down fast.

CATEGORIES

FEATURED STORIES

Presidents Day Sale

So You Shopped the President’s Day Sales

Read Article
couple organizes garage

When Opposites Attract… Clutter

Read Article
Cleaning Checklist

Don’t Stress About Cleaning — Streamline Instead

Read Article
Holiday Storage

Store the Holidays Away Sensibly

Read Article

SCHEDULE A PICK UP BY STATE

Copyright © 2018 ClothingDonations.org. All rights reserved.

SCHEDULE A PICK UP BY STATE

PRESENTED BY Copyright © 2018 ClothingDonations.org. All rights reserved.
X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -