Symptoms of #spring fever include the urge to exercise, eat light, sleep less and smile more, says Bustle. But the concept of spring #cleaning is so deeply embedded in the culture that it may be one of the earliest warning signs. Give in to the urge and scrub your house #clean of the dirt and grime that have accumulated over the winter. Many cleaning products will be on sale, and you can always look to The Organizing Blog for advice on making specific areas of the home such as the garage, bedrooms, kitchen and garden more #organized and clean. #SpringFever
While the garage is a great place to store gardening equipment, bikes, tools and of course, a car, some things shouldn’t be stored in a garage, according to This Old House. Cans of paint won’t last in a garage that isn’t temperature-controlled, and that extra fridge or freezer will consume lots of electricity. Pet food and paper products can attract a variety of four- and six-legged vermin, and propane tanks can present a fire hazard. Keep an ABC-rated fire extinguisher in the garage to ensure safety year-round, and consider an epoxy coating for the floor to keep the space cleaner.
Spring is officially underway, friends! We’ve cracked open the windows, spring cleaned, and made a pile of clothes and other items we no longer need. Now, what should we do with them?
For most of us, the answer is simple: have a garage sale. Holding a garage sale seems like a natural step after spring cleaning. It’s a way for our belongings to find purpose and meaning with someone else who will use them, and it’s also a great way to make some quick cash.
While it’s validating to sell your things, it’s also great to donate your former treasures. Here are five reasons you should consider donating your clothes and possessions instead of selling them:
- It feels good. When donating to a cause we care about, we feel good. Instead of holding a garage sale, consider donating your gently used items? Even better—when you donate to ClothingDonations.org, you’re helping veterans. With last Saturday being Armed Forces Day, the timing could not be more perfect. Consider making a donation to us today!
- Planning a garage sale is stressful. Garage sales can take weeks of planning and preparation. We know how busy everyone is, so do yourself (and us!) a favor: donate your items. We make the process easy and painless, so there’s no need to stress out!
- Donations are tax-deductible. Donations made to ClothingDonations.org are tax-deductible—all the more reason to donate your gently used items!
- It declutters your home. Having a decluttered home should be enough incentive to donate your clothes. Imagine all of the extra space you’ll have. Sounds good, right? Donate today!
- It’s easy! Simply place your items in a donation box, and schedule a donation pickup with ClothingDonations.org. We’ll swing by and make sure your donated goods are given to loving homes.
Now that we’ve given you some pretty compelling reasons to donate your belongings instead of selling them, the question is this—when will you schedule your donation pickup?